Friday, March 26, 2010

Clifforditis

Today Aysen had his 4 month check up.  On the way to the appointment Andy and I got in a little bit of a debate which lead to the inevitable bet - backrubs.

I started to compare Aysen to Clifford the Big Red Dog as seen on pbskids.org  The story line of the show in a nut shell: Emily Elizabeth wants to adopt a pet, she chooses Clifford who happens to be the runt of the litter.  Clifford gets so much love he grows SO BIG Emily Elizabeth's family has to leave their home in the city for the country.

Now, Aysen still fits in our home without any problem but I was beginning to feel proud.  Proud he is doing so well.  He is now wearing 0-3 month clothes and loves to be flirted with.  I had no doubt he would be in the 35th percentile for weight.  Andy inwardly laughed, I know it.  He told me Aysen might have made it to the 15th percentile.  The bet was on.

I should have left his wet diaper on if I was serious about receiving a rub.  The scales showed 11.0 pounds.  I was happy with this weight until Dr. O came in for the exam.  We were shown the computer screen -- he is NOT on the chart, still less than zero percent.  He is growing.  The doctor is happy with his growth curve but SO far away from where I thought he would be.  

His height does measure in the fifth percentile.  I should have found out where his head size fits in -- I'm certain that would have made the chart.
One of these days I'm going to become wiser.  Bets for backrubs will be abolished.  I never win.  I also must admit I don't pay up well either.

Aysen is doing great even if the only form of Clifforditis he is effected by is the love factor.

2 comments:

AndyW said...

Yeah....so about the pay-ups. I was sitting on the couch yesterday, and guess who digs up the back rub hand tool and then sits right down to start receiving a back rub....yep, Tina. I'm thinking...wait a minute hear, you owe me some back rubs! Well...she won out, even though the bets are in my favor, the rubs are in hers! That's how we roll!

Jill said...

He is so cute he doesn't have to make the charts!!!!