Saturday, March 27, 2010

Events of the Day

8:30 am - The family is awake and out of bed enjoying breakfast.  Andy spoils us on most Saturday mornings with waffles or pancakes.  We finished the buttermilk syrup which tasted even better with the fresh strawberries Andy diced.

9:00 am - Andy requested a "short" hair cut.  I prefer it a little longer and since I happen to be his friendly, neighborhood, barber I usually choose.  His grey hairs are increasing in number.  By the end of softball season I'm guessing I'll need to not only cut it but dye it as well.

9:30 am - Kyler needs a hair cut.  Since the mess has already been made we go for a 2 in 1.  He will sit nicely as long as he has a movie to watch.

10:35 am - Taylei and I walked into her piano festival.  This was her first piano competition and her stomach was in knots.  She has been practicing her pieces for quite some time and I am sick of listening to them.   I have a greater respect for my dad and his patience listening to Mary Dawn practice.  The back of our piano growing up was against their bedroom wall.  Mary Dawn was good but to master a song she would play the same measure time and time and time again.  This would wear on anyone's patience.  The judges were nice and friendly -- I don't think this settled Taylei's stomach at all but I felt better after we met them.

10:47 am - We walked out of the church and headed to meet Andy at my parent's home.  I was way impressed with the timely manner of the event.

11:19 am - King's Nursery was our next destination.  Last weekend Andy put compost on our garden and flower beds.  I'm ready to plant peas and spinach but wanted to add some peat moss to the dirt before Andy tilled it.  With a quick trip back to my parents to drop peat moss off to them and a stop at the Honda shop to satisfy Kyler's latest desires we headed for home.

12:50 pm - Load into the car later than Andy's was hoping for.  He scheduled a couple of friendly games for the Steeler's in Spanish Fork.  The weather wasn't cold but not warm either.  Aysen is growing and likes to be wrapped up less and less.  In a few weeks, I'm hoping to complain about the heat instead.  

6:00 pm - Finish up with two of the most boring games I've ever watched.  Instead of going with 3 outs and switching the coaches decided to bat through the roster.  It was a good thing to help teach the girls but it took the competitiveness away.  Keanna played for the first time -- left field -- she is so little but loves to be part of the team.  Taylei caught in her first game and showed some real promise.  Aysen was anything but impressed - if Emily or I cheered for one of our players he would cry.  I haven't learned to keep my mouth shut which isn't really a bad thing - I am CHEERING for the girls.  It might be an interesting season, either Aysen will stop me from cheering or I will wear him down and he will no longer get scared when I raise my voice.  Kyler loved the experience and was busy the entire time playing with Ty.

7:17 pm - Leave Pizza Factory where we enjoyed having dinner with Durbin's and head to the Utah Flash game.  The schools handed out free tickets to the game and our children were excited to use them.  Emily and I forfeited the game for a trip to the mall for a little Easter shopping.

10:26 pm - Arrive home, change into some jammies and head to bed. 

I'm sure we could have fit a few more things into the schedule but I'm so glad we didn't.  It has been 4 months since I've had such an active day.  Refreshing but hard at the same time!

2 comments:

AndyW said...

This was a busy day, but this is pretty much how it goes for us all the time. Our kids are always scheduled to be some where. With softball season and baseball season starting, we'll be living at the ball fields. We have started practicing for accelerated, and it is going pretty well. City league starts up soon, so that will double the amount of practices per week. And then, somehow I got talked into coaching Kyler's tee ball team. I know I didn't volunteer for this one, but I got told the other day my team is the red sox. So now I have triple the amount of time to spend at the ball fields. No wonder I have gray hair!!!!

Ducksoup said...

i can't believe i forgot about the festival and didn't call to wish her luck. i think i would have been nervous for her. way to go taylei sue. today i was driving home and thought if i could come back as someone i might choose taylei. she is perfect in so many ways and always striving for perfection. i think i'd like some of her sports skills and good looks too. looks like a crazy day. not sure my schedule will ever be as crazy as yours :).