Our family has a favorite neighbor to visit, Delora. The only problem with these visits -- everyone ends up asleep minutes after they enter. If she could bottle and sell the air in her home as a sleep aid she could make millions. Our children fall asleep almost every time they visit. Andy usually joins them in dream land and I hate to admit I've nodded off a time or two. On occasion we leave the children asleep on her couch when our visit is over. She calls and lets us know when they wake up and we retrieve them from her care.
Kyler and I went for a visit today and he was out within the first fifteen minutes.

Aysen is adored by Delora. She holds him, talks to him and if he gets fussy while I'm there she tells me, "Give him a little taste, it doesn't cost anything." So funny! I need to tell Aysen he can thank Delora for being so well fed. She kisses Aysen all the while she is saying you shouldn't kiss babies. She is the last grandma friend I have left on this earth and I enjoy her wit and wisdom.
While she was holding him today she started talking to him and he tried to talk back with SMILES! I have been waiting and waiting for him to smile and this week he finally shared "reaction" smiles with us. I grabbed the camera but my skills weren't quick enough to get some of the big ones. It is remarkable how much joy a smile can bring.

We love having Delora as a neighbor. She keeps good track of the neighborhood -- we could make her the president of a neighborhood watch program. She is a dear friend and is always in our prayers. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she avoids spending this summer in the hospital -- less surgeries and more time spent visiting on her porch eating garden tomatoes.

3 comments:
Aysen looks so big in those pictures. He is finally starting to grow I am glad Delora got some of his first smiles she is a special Lady. You all just feel comfortable there that is why you fall asleep there is peace and tranquillity something I hope my home possess someday.
aysen looks so cute in that picture. wow, i could eat him up. and i love delora. she is so lucky to have an incredible neighbor like you. who knows how many thousands of times you have brightened her day and made her not feel so lonely.
Delora is so much fun to visit. But I agree with Tina's assessment. There is something about that house that puts me right to sleep. It isn't a boring place to be, Delora always has a story to tell. I think it really is that we feel so comfortable there. I need to be better about visiting her, maybe I'll repent by fixing her up an omelet. I'm sure there not as good as she claims, but I'm happy that she likes them.
Post a Comment