Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Name and A Blessing

Today, at four months old, Aysen made his first trip to church to be given a name and a blessing.  This ordinance was performed by his father.  What an honor it is to be married to my best friend, a man who honors his priesthood and on a less serious note makes his suit look good.
The temperature outdoors wasn't conducive for a photo shoot.  Lisa was kind enough to snap a a few shots for us.  The natural pictures are so much better . . . I love this guy . . . and each and every day I'm grateful for his patience and dedication to our family.  Aysen . . . a miracle who has completed our family, I love him too.
Second side note, can you believe the length of my hair?
I had four inches trimmed off on New Year's Eve to try and get it out of Aysen's face and it wasn't enough.  I shouldn't have been so prideful and cut 10 inches for Locks of Love - it has NEVER been long and I'm not willing to give it up yet.
Grandma and Grandpa Williams made the journey to share in Aysen's special day.  My children are so blessed with loving grandparents who take the time share their lives.  Andy looks so much like his dad . . .
My mom in a classic Grandma Lou pose --
looking at the baby instead of the lens.
Aysen had a few smiles captured.
He loves being talked to and 
he rewards the attention with the best payment,
giggles and smiles.
But it was a long day for the boy
and he needed a good stretch.
We love this precious bundle from heaven.

5 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

What a sweetheart! I'm so thankful he's made it healthy and strong for such a special day! go, aysen!

Ducksoup said...

love the last picture - - adorable. and where are the pictures of dad?

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

MaryDawn Your dad and Dan were in a serious (conversation) political debate. Tina got tired of waiting so we took the pictures without him.

AndyW said...

The blessing day was awesome. It is always a bit scary to give a blessing, especially in front of so many people. But I had two things in my favor, they all had there eyes closed, and I was surrounded by the best family and friends. I'm not sure how many of us were in the circle, but it was probably the biggest circle I've ever seen. Thanks to all the brethren that stood in with me to help give Aysen a name and a blessing. He really has become aware these past few weeks, and it is so fun to talk to him and get his smiles going. We share a special time in the morning when I get out of bed about 7 am. He will get up with me and we just talk and smile for a few minutes while Tina gets a little bit of sleep. Then Aysen and I go wake up the girls for the day. He is a special little boy and completes our family nicely!

Gail said...

What a blessing!