Picture taken January 7, 2005
I am not a believer in global warming. Anyone who believes in such myth should maybe come to Utah. I KNOW the average temperature in the winter is colder and the average summer temperature is cooler. I KNOW that every year the average decreases. I'm not a weather woman but hello, just look outside.
In my high school days the school board finally decided we would be allowed to wear shorts to school (does this date how old I am?). How cool is that? During the winter I would faithfully watch the weather. If there was a chance the high would be 50, or quite close to it, it was warm enough for shorts. All winter long I wore shorts more often than not.
And then there is sledding. How many times were sledding activities planned only to have NO snow when the appointed time came? The snow currently on the ground, do you think it will ever melt? Taylei even told me the other day, "It has only really snowed twice this year where we have gotten more than an inch." The snow that came from those two storms has never melted. It is still on the ground.
I'm ready for 50. Degrees that is, not inches of snow.
3 comments:
Wow, that is a really cool picture of the barn. I love the fresh snow, especially when it is around Christmas time. But, I'm ready for global warming, or Utah warming to start kicking in. The snow is old, it needs to be absorbed into the ground and either a new fresh batch laid down, or stay away. haha! I guess realistically, I want it to keep snowing for the much needed water that we'll be able to drink and use throughout the summer. But I much prefer to look out my window and see green grass.
I heard the most beautiful sound coming from my roof outside today...drip, drip, drip. I was going to take out my blow dryer to help it all along. I am so ready.
I don't buy the global warming either, but like Andy, I am ready for its effects.
Bonnie, that would have been awesome. Let me know when you are doing it and I'll join you!
Post a Comment