Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sue is sick, sick and more sick

Monday night before Taylei went to sleep she began to show signs of illness.  I informed her she wouldn't be wakened for school.  During the night she woke up coughing and complaining she couldn't breath.  

On Tuesday, she missed school without a tantrum which is completely out of character.  She didn't have a fever, wasn't puking, no runny nose or sore throat.  She just sat around in a lethargic state.  By mid-afternoon she seemed to have improved and was even working on her chores.  She went to basketball practice (she was only allowed because her dad is the coach) and participated in the minor activity drills.  Basketball practice was followed up by softball practice.  Softball is her love and passion but it couldn't help her feel any better.  Before the practice was over she was laying on the floor.

The pattern of laying around all day watching movies and waking up in the middle of the night coughing and having difficulty breathing continued on Wednesday and Thursday.  On Friday, we made her an appointment with the doctor.  They ran many tests, even drawing her blood, all yielding negative results.  The conclusion: viral which could take six days to battle.  

I have tried to pamper her from a distance.  (It's hard to be the mom when you are caring for the sick 10 year old who likes to snuggle and trying to keep the 9 week old healthy.)  She has lost over 5 pounds and doesn't have any left to lose.  Even the foods she chooses don't taste good to her and she barely picks at them.

My mom came out tonight to watch the kids while Andy and I went to a couples party.  When we arrived home Taylei was excited when I took Aysen from grandma so she could take his place. 
Day six will be tomorrow and I'm really hoping for a drastic improvement.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, poor Tay. :(
I hope you start feeling better soon.

Ducksoup said...

she looks awful. awful, awful, awful. poor girl. i really hope she gets feeling better. it's not fun to be sick for a day, let alone a whole week.