The Macula
I had an appointment with my eye doctor today. With the use of fancy machinery he took a picture of my eye that looked something like this. The brown spot in the right center happens to be called the macula, something I worry about degenerating. Granny suffered from macular degeneration, it made her almost blind and a family history of the disease increases my chances of suffering the same trial. I've always been jealous of people with blue eyes, never really appreciated the brown variety I was born with but brown is an advantage when it comes to this disease, it isn't as common. LOOK at the above picture. It is AMAZING. I can SEE because of optic nerves, vessels and arteries which are found in my retina. Miraculous! With the birth of Aysen I have been pondering the Big Bang Theory vs. The Creation. My conclusion: Anyone who doesn't think a Divine Power made this earth and all things in it hasn't taken the time to really SEE. Just look at the eye, technology like that didn't come from a mud pot.
Our Miracle
AYSEN
My body was failing him, but he lived. He lived because his body was smart enough to channel the few nutrients I provided to his brain (to prevent brain damage) and to his lungs (breathing is important). This was done without a college degree, he can't talk or even hold up his head BUT his body knew what it needed to do to live. How did this happen? A Divine Creator also known as our Father in Heaven is in charge. He made our bodies. Our bodies that see, run, smell, hear and most importantly learn. Our bodies which function better than any super computer.
This is another witness to me to believe in the creation, to believe in our Heavenly Father and his Son. And now, you know, that I know, and I hope you know too.
5 comments:
Great testimony, Tin! Thanks for sharing.
You have an amazing testimony thanks for sharing.
Tina, that was absolutely profound! We had home evening on this very thing and it is funny the faith of a child. The first thing they all said when I asked them how they know there is a Heavenly Father was to just look around. I could tell from the passion of their answer that there was no doubt about it in their mind. We also talked about putting a puzzle in a paper bag and shaking it until it came together perfect. They all agreed that they could shake it for a few billion years and it would never come together.
I also remember reading a talk by Elder Russel M Nielson about the miracle of the body. He went through each of the different body systems and how they each miraculously work together to keep our bodies working.
Thanks for sharing. I hope you don't mind if I link to it.
Kyler and I read this post and we enjoyed looking at Aysen. Kyler sure loves his brother and can't wait for him to be big enough to play cars, watch movies, and ride bikes. He sure is a cute little fella.
That is a cool looking eye, but I'm sure not as cool (or as cute) as your eye. I'm definitely glad to know that you have less of a chance to have macular degeneration disease.
Thanks for sharing you insights on the creation, and testimony of the wondrous earth and all things on it governed by a Supreme Being.
Love Ya! Andy
Great thought Tina. I now have another disease to worry about. I have blue eyes, now i am screwed.
Thanks for you post about Granny. I miss her every day and it still hurts. Very few things make me cry but if anyone talks about her I can't help myself. She was and is perfect in countless ways.
Post a Comment