To try and comfort him she took him to Kyler's bedroom and held him in front of the mirror so he could see his adorable reflection. In this process he threw his head, this rebalanced his weight and he fell to the floor.
Taylei was holding him and screaming when I made it to the scene. I took him from her, and within 20-30 seconds he stopped crying. I thought all was going to be well but in the next few minutes he became very docile. His coloring didn't seem right and I decided a trip to the emergency room was needed. Taylei was too nervous to sit with him while I drove. I called to see if Lisa was home, if she would drive us in while I took care of Aysen.
At the hospital all the tests were going extremely well. His eyes reacted fine. He became more alert and all of his vitals checked out great. As an extra precaution, a CT scan was advised to check for internal injury to his head. The results were not what we were expecting. The scan showed two bleeds, one above the right eye and one on the back of his head high on the left side.
It was then decided he needed more care than Central Valley Medical Center could give. The advise was to send him on life flight. Andy, my father and Paul gave him a priesthood blessing while we waited for the helicopter. When it came, the paramedics placed him in the papoose and strapped him to the gurney. While they were loading him Andy and I began our commute.
In the meantime, friends and family were showing us an outpouring of love and service. Taylei and Keanna got to go to a friends home. Kyler was already with a friend and Coalie even got to have a sleep over with her best friend. My sister, Diane stopped at our home to get us some overnight gear and my sister, Mary Dawn, headed to Primary Children's to await the helicopter.
Upon our arrival at Primary Childrens we were greeted by a great staff of doctors and nurses. Aysen was officially weighed at 5 pounds 9 ounces, not quite the 6 pounds 1 ounce our bread scale suggested earlier this week. We were given a room in PICU and told he would stay in the papoose until the "boss" neurologist gave the approval for it to be taken off. Believe it or not, he can still breast feed in the contraption.
He had a great night, he slept more than I would have expected. They are giving him an anti-seizure medicine as a precaution and I'm told drowsiness is a side effect of the drug. The neurologist just met with us. He has ordered an additional CT scan to make sure the bleeds are improving. They did and x-ray of his neck and things look great in that regard. It sounds like he is showing a respiratory problem on the x-ray which no one understands because he has no outward sign of any condition. I may have to ask about this in a moment.
He has more wires coming from all areas of his body than one might imagine. He may become a binky baby yet -- he has had one in his mouth almost constantly since our arrival. We are grateful for all of the prayers in our behalf and in Keanna's behalf (she is having a hard time still).
2 comments:
Oh, it is so good to hear an update. I feel I can breathe a bit better now. I am always amazed at a mother's intuition when something is not right.
I am sure you know there are many people concerned for your family.
Keep us posted
love you, Tina! Still praying!
Post a Comment