Today was quite a day for Andy's hands. One of their uses was making dessert, Oatmeal Fudge Bars. I was busy preparing other portions of the meal while Andy prepared the dessert. I realized I need to invite him to the kitchen more frequently, not for the cooking aspect but to listen to his thoughts. He knows how to cook, with specialties including crepes, omelets and no-bake cookies, but today his commentary was what I enjoyed most. The recipe called for butter, butter and more butter. I tried to explain to him it really was a healthy recipe which included oatmeal, eggs and flour. He argued that the butter with the addition of chocolate chips, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk removed any nutrition value the oatmeal may have rendered.
The recipe says to put 2/3's of the batter into the pan, evenly spread chocolate sauce on top and then top with the remaining 1/3 of the batter. Even with the very high butter content it was extremely sticky. Andy is pretty particular with the care of his hands and doesn't like having "gunk" between his fingers. His solution non-stick cooking spray and even though he belittled the dessert while preparing it, it was delicious.
Taylei took a few minutes to pamper me after church today. Her services included an amazing pedicure and my hair curled in ringlets. One of these days she will figure out if she ever needs to butter me up this is the easiest way to do so. I am a sucker when it comes to pampering.
Then we have Kyler. He wants to do what his sisters do. The "salon" was set up in the living room and after a few hours Kyler decided he had to be involved. He has painted my nails in the past but today his victim happened to be his father. Andy was a great sport (not about having a picture taken) and Kyler painted 5 of his fingers. Blue just might be Andy's color . . .
I'm not quite sure what happened with the next picture. I believe while Andy was removing the nail polish from his non-masculine hand he was be assisted by Taylei and Kyler. In the process I learned the camera received a sprinkling of nail polish remover. I will not let Taylei chose this as her science experiment but I guess nail polish remover was the cause and the following picture was the effect.
Other highlights of the evening include a google search of "How to REMOVE nail polish from carpet" (for future reference, Windex). A game of Settler's of Zarahemla which I lost miserably. A second game of Settler's which I should have won but I NEVER win at this game. I led the whole time but Andy won. Somethings never change.
P.S. My newlywed sister and her husband actually stayed awake after 10:30 pm. In some cultures (their's) this is considered a modern miracle.
1 comment:
I feel like another game of Settlers. That was fun on Sunday night. Talk about being a good sport. Prior to your downloading of this picture to blog about, I happened to have the camera in hand. I went searching for pictures of my blue nails, and was hovering over the delete button when I found this shot. I hovered......I debated....I hovered, and well....yes, sometimes I'm to willing to play along. *sigh*
Post a Comment