Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flowers . . .

I have a goal.  Actually maybe one or two, but at the top of the list is my desire to clean out the rooms Keanna and Taylei used to occupy in the basement.  They left the rooms in May when we finished our addition.  It is now January; eight months have past since they were abandoned and the rooms still hold many of their treasures.  They are now guest rooms but the clutter lingers.  Since Christmas I have been trying to grace each room for a few minutes a day and relocate an item or two.  At this point, I should donate the remaining items to charity.
While working today I found this . . . 
Keanna's All About Me Poster
I made this for her when she was a kindergartner.  Isn't she adorable?  At one time it hung on her wall.  When the wall was painted pink it clashed miserably and the poster was hidden behind her dresser.  Its new home will be the waste receptacle, never to grace the walls of our home again.  One day I may create a scrapbook page in its honor.  Realistically, this will never happen.  I guess I could see what I accomplish first, the bedrooms ready for guests without extra treasures OR a scrapbook page?  I'm going to keep my money and bet on neither.  

3 comments:

Ducksoup said...

you should not throw this away. put it in a plastic container with all her treasures. wouldn't you love to see mom's kindergarten VIP poster.

Ilaria said...

I agree with Ducksoup's comment. It's just too cute and cool to throw away!!! :)

Christy said...

It is very cute! Such classic Tina workmanship (in other words, way better than I would have made.:))

I say print this photo on 12x12 paper and add it to her scrapbook. That's easy enough! It saves the memory in a place that it can be saved easily and enjoyed often.