Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday is a special day it, Its the day we get ready for . . .

The day in bullets . . . 
  • Taylei's basketball game:  The other team only had 4 players, so Taylei plays with said team.  Taylei contributes greatly to their win making it so her own team loses.
  • With Andy's help, the ward bulletin I'm in charge of is actually printed, folded and ready for church and it isn't Sunday morning at 8:45. 
  • Taylei who slept at Claire's house invites her to come to our house for a play date.  The ritual sock is once again passed full of tiny treasures.
  • Andy and Kyler travel to American Fork.  Jeff and Christy need help installing laminate and tile throughout the new home they are purchasing.
  • I spend time visiting one of my friends from high school and her adorable daughter who is 8.5 months old.  It was yet again, a great reminder Aysen will only be small for a day or two, I'll just keep holding him even if his middle name ends up being Spoiled.
  • Keanna is invited to a friend's home to play.  Her day consisted of hide and seek, with a little more hide and seek and ended with hide and seek.  She loved every minute of it.
  • Uncle Tom stopped in on his way home to St. George.  He picked up Keanna for me and discussed with me the lack of snow on the south facing slopes.  He is going to see if his helicopter instructors have an answer to the phenomena. 
  • Dinner with friends consisting of Cream Cheese Chicken, Parmesan Rolls, Jello and Green Salad with Peach Cobbler for dessert.  Their little boy wasn't feeling well so the much anticipated game of Hand and Foot was put on hold. 
The day seemed to fly by and my list of what I didn't accomplish was once again much greater than what I did accomplish.  One day I'm going to turn the world upside down.  One day my bed won't hold me captive.  One day this quote will speak of me, "Live your life in such a way that when you get up in the morning, Satan says, O' #$%@, she's awake."  One day . . . 

2 comments:

AndyW said...

ah....but yes. Don't forget one of your recent posts where all the things needed to be accomplished can wait till tomorrow, because time with your little ones is passing by quickly. Based on your post, I think you made the better choice, and satan probably did swear when he saw you spending time with your family and friends.

Christy said...

I ditto Andy's comment. :)
We sure appreciated Andy's help on Saturady! Thank you SOOO much for letting him spend part of his day off with us.

What is the story behind the "ritual sock full of treasures"?