Keanna and Jake walked home from school today. Lisa was here visiting so Jake wandered inside as well. Jake is one of Keanna's favorite friends, one she wants to invite over constantly but not today. Today, Keanna has a problem, one I believe I've mentioned. She is a bookworm. While Jake was here, Keanna left him with the Mom's and went to her room. Big sister, Taylei, tattled on her, "Mom, Keanna is in her room reading."
Lisa yelled back to the room, "Keanna, What are you doing?"
Ever so innocently, Keanna responded, "I'm working on my chores." Reading is currently listed as a chore for Keanna. The next chore chart will have reading permanently deleted. I might have to replace it with playing the Wii or something a little more age normal.
At this point, Keanna decided to join us in the living room. Lisa began to explain to Keanna that reading will hurt her eyes. This, we know, isn't a truth but she really should put her nose in other places on occasion.
Keanna had an answer, "I want glasses then." If only the rest of the world knew the solution to not causing damage to your eyes is to let them look through a lens.
The quick response, "An inventor." Lisa and I thought to ourselves maybe she does need to devote her entire existence to reading but before either of us could say more she added, "Or, I want to work at an ice cream parlor."
I about fell over onto the floor. Could she choose two careers that were more opposite? We prodded a little further and asked what she hoped to invent. And, I should have known . . .
on books while you are reading."
I should have known.
She did finish Harry Potter Number 2 today. She does not have book number 3 in her possession yet. She may finish the entire series before spring.
I love this girl.
5 comments:
This girl reminds me so much of Marie it's not funny. Always, always ALWAYS with her nose in a book. She'll probably turn out to be a great person... I think Marie is (and that's not coming from the mother side in me).
My mom is nice to me. Don't worry about Keanna, she'll turn out MUCH better.
She is hilarious! And you really might need to take reading off that chart -- I would have used that excuse to the point of insanity! I blame reading under the desk as the main reason i cannot divide (or do anything mathematical, really).
I think I should get an award for providing your children with such great books! She seriously is absolutely adorable. I wish all my students liked books as much as she does! Just be glad she's a reader!
Marie, division isn't all that important. My students all know there is a reason calculators were invented. However, if you would like to practice division, I have some rockin' songs I could share!
Too funny. Let me be the hero and tell her I have the set. Send her over for #3 and #4 etc.!!!
Still laughing. I love that girl. She makes my day. I miss our morning phone calls. She always enlightened me before giving her mom the phone. Can't wait to see what she ends up being. Whatever she choosing she will be amazing. Dan still is convinced she will be a prophets wife! Guess time will tell hopefully we still have plenty of time on our side. Don't want her to grow up to fast!
Post a Comment