Sunday, January 24, 2010
Basketball Game #2
Diane and Garrett babysat Aysen today so I could attend Taylei's game. When given the option Kyler choose to go with Aysen instead of the game. Garrett is currently his favorite. Why? Garrett has shooting games (Star Wars Legos and Batman Legos) on the xbox. He asks to go to their "tondo" daily, he doesn't seem to understand they work. Keanna would have went with her brothers as well but she was attending a birthday party. Popular, so popular.
I enjoyed the game. The score at half time was 8 to 8. A great improvement from last weeks massacre. Taylei had quite a few steals, points and fouls -- 3 fouls total. One of these days she will fouls out, she is terrified she might and afterwards she will realize it isn't such a bad thing. She will keep playing aggressive and the day will come.
Andy has nine girls on the team. This is great for practice but is a substitution nightmare. Basketball does have side benefits. Softball is no longer completely consuming Andy's brain, it has made room for basketball as well. This is Andy's first year coaching and he is having a hard time figuring it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love this posting daily. i love hearing what you are up to and your thoughts. glad to hear andy's brain has room for softball. don't you think you should be posting a few more pics of aysen. like at least one a week? you know...here is aysen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks, etc. i would absolutely love it. and you have an awesome camera to do it :). way to go tay. looks like you played hard. i could never succeed at basketball cause i don't know how to be aggressive. love you. dawn
that girl needs to cut her hair.
love,
marie.
That game kicked my brain into a higher gear. Just the week before I was thinking I wasn't made out to coach basketball...which was a little frustrating for me, since I played more basketball than anything. In talking to a few friends, who are also good coaches/players, I've got ideas of how to proceed. This last game was just the beginning....I hope. Taylei and the whole team played pretty well. I was very pleased, even though we lost. Don't worry, the combination of basketball and softball on the brain makes it very heavy. Today, I coach basketball at 5, and then softball at 7. Tina has been very good to be patient with me....and the girls!
Post a Comment