Monday, January 4, 2010

Post 4 of 4

Today my eldest children and husband had to abandon holiday habits and return to school and work.  I stayed at home with Kyler and Aysen.  I guess if you look at it in a number sense only 50% of the family had their lives adjusted and vacated the premises.
I did miss that 50%.
January has traditionally been a depressing month for me.  The hustle and bustle of Christmas is over.  It is terribly cold outside.  Daylight simply doesn't last long enough.  
This January seems to be having the same kind of beginning.
Sometimes I wonder if life will ever return to normal.  But what exactly is normal?  Time is moving rapidly in my world -- except for the hours between midnight and 7 am.  I swear I used to accomplish a thing or two in the evening but now if I get my children fed, homework done and in bed before 10 I have succeeded.  I used to be able to do a scrapbook page, play an aggressive game of hand and foot, plant flowers or take the family to the theater for a movie.  And to be completely honest, I don't get much more done between the hours or 8 and 5.
I guess life changes, I must be moving into a different season.  I sure hope it is summer.  I'm ready for more sun and less artificial heat provided by microwaved corn bags.
My motto for this month will be:  "It too shall pass" and "One day at a time."
One thing that never changes is my inability to remember to take pictures on Christmas.  I think this accounts for 1 of the 7 total.  And, one of the best reasons to endure January -- the beautiful smiling faces found in the picture.  How could I let January win when I get to learn from some of the best . . . my children.

5 comments:

Ducksoup said...

just remember...
cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow

so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, i'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

you are an amazing mom and i'm still amazed at all you do do, when you think you don't do anything....

today you took taylei to piano, listened to her lesson which made her feel awesome, and you want and saw mrs. millet. i'd say you did a lot more good than i even thought of.

i'm really hoping you get a good nap tomorrow. i know a good nights sleep won't happen for a while. hang in there! love you.

Jill said...

Tina, January has never been my favorite month either. In fact it's a time I've fought becoming depressed more than once in my life. Christmas is over.... it's cold and boring! But, then Heavenly Father sent Olivia and we get to celebrate her birthday and then he sent Silvia and we get to celebrate her birthday. I believe he did this because he knew mom would be leaving me and that having nothing to celebrate would push me over the edge. So - now we celebrate birth... and life... See, Heavenly always takes care of us. And I think if you just sat for a day and didn't do anything both you and your family would realize that you are busy 24/7. But, I don't suggest you try it. Just keep plugging along and enjoy it and the kids.... believe me... as someone who experienced this... they do grow up and so FAST you'll look back and wonder how it happened and where the time went. How in the world did I get to be the old person???!!! Love ya most!

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

I fear what Jill says is so true yesterday when Jake said he was going to 7 I wanted to cry. So we best get scrapbooking before we can't remember things. It always makes us feel better.

Marie Says Yes said...

how 'bout instead of "this too shall pass" you adopt "screw you and the horse you came in on"? Just a suggestion!

p.s. your posting inspires me! may i be more like tina.

p.p.s. why does my mom always deign to comment on your blog but never mine? i mean, i don't want to talk about favoritism, but really...

Ilaria said...

I hear you, Tina. Same over here. Yesterday we had to say goodbye to Benjamin's parents who came to visit for a week, and I just feel this emptiness now... Plus, I am dreading this new year with respect with what will happen with my dad and possibly my grandma. I think my way of dealing with it all, beside taking it one day at a time, will be to make the best of each and every day. Granted they won't all be fun days, but I think that I can find satisfaction in having worked hard too or in taking an occasional day off and doing nothing but rest. I keep reminding myself that life is so short, that my daughter will start school next year (SCHOOL!!! My baby!), and that right now we live in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen (though today it's sooooooooooo cold I've been glued to my heater) LOL. I want to ENJOY life in the little things, no matter what happens. So, I think I'm going to get off the computer now and go spend some time with my two musketeers. ;) Love you! Hang in there!!!!